Wednesday, September 10, 2008

He says his name is Oreson (spelling intended)

Today I went to the sink and found a reddish brown rock about the size of two fists, sitting in side. My first reaction was to say "What is this"? No response from DH, so after putting the coffee on I went to the Living room to find out. I said " He says his name is Oreson and he wants to know why he is not in his natural habitat". DH grinned and said, "your not following the drug policy". No other explanation.

He collects rocks, but up to this point they have been small rocks, about the size of your pinkie nail, found in the washer, on the dryer, in pockets and on the counter. He used to talk about getting field boulders, I thought he was kidding, now I think it could be possible. I could come home and find huge boulders in the yard, it won't end, but how is this going to go? I know its just one rock, still I worry on a deep level about stone fences and the lawn becoming a rock garden. We could name our house like they do in England, we live on a corner so it could be called Corner Stone Cottage. There could be rock garden lawn with a stone fence and rock siding. OK, my sometimes overactive imagination has gotten ahead of things, but will there be more rocks like Oreson showing up? Where did he find it?

Yeah, Oreson doesn't really talk to me, I was bringing up the subject and hoping he would then be moved. Nope, Oreson is still in the sink, I guess I will have to move him/her, it? I know, I will knit the rock a cozy with a face and put it on the couch with a sign that calls for freedom for enslaved rocks.
yes, he may quote the drug policy again, but it really is my drug free imagination.

I turned the heel and picked up the gusset of my sock I began Saturday, so I should get back to it.

Happy Stitches.

No comments: