Thursday, June 11, 2009

New developments on projects and such

So Facebook is an interesting medium, I joined, have not done too much with it. I pick up messages and write back, not interested in the games and quizzes really. I do not care if someone thinks I am stupid and wants me to take the IQ test, I have had them done a few times, they are rather relative and I test out about 130 or so. I do like the availability of non knitting friends that I cannot reach on Ravelry.
I have a new friend on Facebook K.B., I met her through my sister H.S., K.B. has asked if I could make her a prayer shawl, I could make that. I told her to get my number from my sister. Normally a prayer shawl is just something you give so karmically I do not think it would be a good thing to charge for, except I would ask for the cost of the yarn I use for it. I asked if she wanted a traditional one or this.

http://prayershawlministries.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-to-do-navdanya-shawl.html

I rather like this one, the navdanya shawl, I may want to make one for myself.

I finished a little hat for a three month old and toddler socks, something to try on a visiting baby later today and keep if they fit. Now that my batteries are recharged I can take those pictures and upload them to post here.

So I tried my hand at making stitch markers and decided I did not like it so much, I do not want to practice to get the wire end twisted tightly, so, yesterday at knit night, I asked S.D. who makes lovely stitch markers if she would finish them. She thankfully said yes and I gave her the paraphernalia to make them and a down payment. S is undercharging for her work and I don't know if she realizes how much I appreciate her bailing me out in this endeavor, I decided that I would give her double her asking price for her time.

Baking is something I have not done in quite some time, today finds me working on a rhubarb custard type of dessert. My bag of rhubarb is thawing and I am trying to fold flour, powdered sugar and butter together to make the crust. Hmmm, not so pretty, but I think doable. Good luck to me.

Happy Stitches to you.

No comments: