Friday, July 8, 2011

Work stoppage

I have been installing printers with a team of techs downtown. It has been slow, the printers had not been coming in on time and there was no solid plan to speak of and we are not getting a new shipment of printers for over a week. We are off work without pay until then, I can get a few things done around the house, but even though they say they want us back, people could get cut in the mean time. I will remain hopeful that I will not be one of those who are let go before we get back to work.

 I am working on the bolero for Brianna, I have completed all but the last sleeve and there is putting it together. I am very happy with this project as it is going quickly and is helped by having the loan of a pair of size 17 circulars; now I do not have the long klutzy needles to work with. I am very thankful that Ruth cam e to knitting Wednesday night and had the needles with her when I asked if any one had such a needle to borrow. 

The little green cabled pull over for Connor is still coming along, I continue to work up the front, getting close to decreasing for the sleeves now, so it will not be long until I am able to sew that together and be finished. At the same time I continue to add a few rows to the front piece of my lace blouse, where I am near to decreasing for the sleeves there as well. 

I am making small bits of progress on a hose project, moving things around. I am trying to make some progress on that in the next two days. 

As always there is knitting afoot and I am feeling a trip to Linden Hills tomorrow.

Happy Stitching trails to everyone.

Stitchinghermit

 

No comments: