Monday, April 21, 2008

Making progress and other info.




I am making great progress on my Whisper shawl, about 10 rows to go in the main body, then it's the bottom bead trim and lace edging around the sides.
I can't wait to wear it and now the weather is warming, I might wear it anyway.


Needlework unlimited http://www.needleworkunlimited.com/Outlet had a yarn sale this past weekend, I was sick but did sneak out. I now have 32 balls of Lana Grossa Riso in Pink. $2.00 per skein, it would have been $1.50 per skein since I bought more than 30 skeins, but I did not buy them all at once, I had to go to the bank and bought the rest the next day.
I love doing things that help and keeping them a secret, and I will continue to do this; I want to find a good knitting turn to make, and keep it a secret, this is my new mission since the sale on Saturday. it's because of my knitting Angel, whether or not you believe in Angels or good Samaritans or whatever you call them, I had on e Saturday.
I had not gone to the bank and forgot my check book when I went to the NU sale on Saturday, I found myself standing next to a fellow knitter and we talked about the 30+ skein prices, I found the Pink Lana Grossa Riso,and wanted to get as many balls of it that I could, so like a goof I pulled out the $ 28.00 I had and was going through and counting out the change in the bottom of my purse to maximize my purchase, found that I could not get two boxes (each box has 10 balls), and my knitting Angel handed out the money to make sure I could get two boxes, I tried to say no, wanted her name to pay her back and she refused. Knitters help each other she said, now you can help someone else, I know who to help specifically in turn for this.
I was just so impressed by a stranger wanting me to have yarn! bless her and her whole family.






Here is my yarn





Mock crab corn chowder

In sauce pan, saute:
1/2 med to large onion chopped
1 celery stalk chopped

when caramelized add:
1/8 tsp. garlic powder or 1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 C. orzo pasta
1 package chopped mock crab
1 1/2 C. corn
4 C. skim milk
stir in two tsp. cocktail sauce

Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Yummy!!!!


1 comment:

Rina said...

That's awesome! I never thought someone would pay for your yarn. What a kind person.