Friday, April 25, 2008

Sadie, socks and more




Sadie went to the groomer today, and she is so cute in her little bows, I just had to take pictures.
Sadie's usual MO is to wiggle and move so much that she does not hod still for bows.



I think this is good that she is comfortable with her groomer and was calm.






This is a side view with a little bow on her ear.

She was not yet dressed, there are little panties to go with her top, and there are little ties that keep them up with the top, I just did not put them on.


I just bought a very cool pattern on Ravelry called Severus, it is a lace sock pattern with buttons on the side. so awesomely cool, I need yarn to knit them.
I don't think I can publish a Picture because I am not sure of copyright laws, however I will publish a finished picture of the socks I knit from the pattern.
My new favorite yarn for socks is Louet gems, the colors and solids are lovely, I will knit Severus in solids, there is a cute ruffle at the top of them in a contrast color.
Ravelry is my favorite place on the net, I may have said that in a prior post, but there are so many wonderful features and people to chat with.
interweave knits summer issue is coming out soon, I saw the preview notice on Ravelry. So many cool projects, if only to have twelve arms to knit several projects at once.

I just received my booby socks pattern in the mail, a breast cancer sock. I need six arms just to knit socks with.

I have made good progress on my whisper shawl, the main body is finished, Wednesday I broke the yarn and added the beads, reconnected and began the picot bind off on the bottom, I am about 80% finished with the bind off, then I will need to pick up for and knit the lace edging around the sides and neck.
My blocking wires came yesterday so I am all set to block when I finish knitting.
I will post pictures of the finished shawl soon. My knitting queue is bursting at the seams, I have tops and socks and shawls , oh my!

Back to the bind off, so much knitting to do.


1 comment:

Rina said...

At least your dog is comfortable with groomers. We want to give a bath to our cats (very deathful wish), just because it would speed the process of shedding after winter. Unfortunately we failed.

I love ravelry too especially when I can see other people's projects sort of to compare and find out more info.