Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Narvik complete and more

I not only completed the Narvik sweater, which I made longer and added button holes for buttons, I have been finishing a few other things. I stitched together the Narvik, sewed linings for two purses and I am working on the Birch shawl pattern using free yarn from the Rowan Retrospective event at the Textile Center. The yarn is four balls of Kidsilk Aura which is 82 yard as compared to the over 200 yards on the regular kidsilk balls of yarn, so I altered the pattern, I cast on 109 stitches  and I believe that I can make it with the four balls since the shawl will be smaller and the pattern called for 3 balls of the regular Kidsilk. Finger Crossed.
 
I had wanted to complete the Narvik Sweater and wear it to the event, but at the eleventh hour I needed to steam and seam as it were. My pink rowan cable sweater was the ticket and my picture may be in the textile center newsletter. Not really a like my own picture person, but I let this one slide.


Kathy, Jenny and I went to the Rowan event together on Friday, then we took a yarn shop road trip on Saturday. We visited the Doll house in Owatonna, found Smitten with Knitting in Waseca closed, so continued to Mankato to have Lunch with one of my sisters after visiting Mary Lue's in Mankato. After lunch it was The Tangled Skein in St. Peter and then home again. The route is a nice little day trip and was fun, Kathy found an out of print Rowan book I found the baby moc-a-sock pattern and Jenny found a Rowan book as well.
My red cable sweater is still waiting for me to finish the sleeves, and I am working on sock two of a pair of toddler socks. 
Keeping busy, keeping the doggies company and knitting away.


Happy Stitches and keep your needles flying through the fiber.

No comments: