Monday, January 20, 2014

Pattern Credit and Changes

I have to say there is a big difference between looking at a website on your iphone and using a computer, because it was with the computer that I was able to get the best translation. I had gone into the website once more on my computer, but did not get to it in a way that showed me the fabulous words "translate this page" next to it. I had tried (thinking is was Swedish) to translate from Swedish to English. When I used the translation link, I then discovered it was in Norwegian and got a good translation.

The Blog is called "Homemade" (Hjemmelaget).
Contact by mail margrete.birk@lyse.net
Posted January 3rd, 2012
Briefs with "proboscis" (men)

The pattern is free, I am not reprinting it here or claiming ownership, just talking about working a project.
I would recommend looking at Margrete's blog, she has some lovely projects. When you look at this blog you will see how multi talented she is with a variety of projects.
To start, I have been making some pattern notes as I go. After the 6th round an eyelet round is to be made, for a string to to be woven through for tying the briefs to keep them up. I did not do this and went two rounds past. not I'm having a mental argument with myself about following the pattern, not a big deal to go back. Then the argument goes on like; patterns are a starting or taking off point and the briefs will be in a shadow box. Hmmm.... I will let you know how that comes off later.

There is a decrease round before starting the patterning, it says to decrease by 8 evenly around. ok, knit 23 k2tog. easy.
Complete pattern A and continue with pattern B until piece measures 17cm. No problem!
Then the translation says: Share now work 95 m ahead and 97 m behind. Im going to just believe that is the no brainer it looks like and divide the stitches into front and back (yes, this is the translated version). The decreases look fun; bind every game of each side... hmm... Yup, I get it! onward!

I just decided the eyelets and string need to be included, if for no other reason that it will add to the character of the garment. Who knows what all this could lead to, and garments like this deserve character.
There does seem to be a women's version in the pattern as well. If I decide to make the women's version, I will share that as well, however it will lack the extra character of the "snabel" giggle giggle.

Kepp you sticks clicking  and as always
Happy sitiching trails.

Stitchinghermit




No comments: