Saturday, March 22, 2008

Information Bubbles, snow, yarn and book review.





Yesterday was the second day of Spring and we had snow..... A few inches of the thick and sticky stuff that decorates the out of
doors. The first picture is looking toward our neighbors house to our West and the second one is on the East side of the house.
And this next one is the snow overhanging, and beginning to slide off the metal roof.

The snow avalanches loudly off the metal roof in huge chunks.







I have made some progress on my campanula socks, and here they both are; two toes and working up toward the heels, which will be short row like the toes.

I love this pattern, I am looking forward to finishing these and perhaps making another pair.








Spinning is proving to be like getting back on a bike after a hiatus. I have one skein completed and another in progress.
My thoughts are beginning to move toward weighing the pros and cons of changing my traditional to a double treadle.
I emailed Detta's Spindle for pricing and its doable. I may order one, she can ship it directly to me, which would be way too convenient.
This is my skein of hand spun.




Humor anyone?

What is your sense of humor like??
I am reading a book of essays, that meander through the humorously twisted mind and thoughts, of one of the psychology instructors I used to work with at Minneapolis Community and Technical College.
The Book is; "Titters, Giggles and Tears" The rantings of a debrainged psycauliflowerologist on proctology, internet love, interspecies dating and the meaning of life. by Dennis Fenichel Ph.D.

Humor abounds not only with bent thoughts, but twisted semantics and skewed tales of things that are done in everyday life.
I worry on a deep level that this man influences young minds, I had no idea of the vast quagmire of his mind as we did not cross paths often; perhaps this was fortunate for me.
It seems he took a running jump off the deep end of his mental pathways, and went spinning and skipping joyfully downward in some sort of blissful mental self stimulation.

I would recommend this book if you like humor, that twist playfully through the mind and is like a crossbreeding of different comedic minds.

Buyer beware, the author does caution about your mental health if you read this book.
I bought mine on Amazon, I do not know if it is in Libraries, but Target.com and Barnes and Noble both have it to order.














No comments: