Friday, September 5, 2008

Busy day and the definition of insanity

We have been busy girls this morning. Sadie went to the groomer first thing, her groomer Kiera is due with a baby boy the 21st of this month. I want to make her something from Sadie and I, I'm not sure what though. Babies grow so fast when they are first born, booties would be a quick and easy gift, perhaps a hat, maybe a quick sweater. I don't know.

I came home checked email and ravelry, I had to get Sadie at 10:30, They always let her run around behind the counter when I come back to pick her up and go pay. Maria (another groomer there) wants to groom Sadie while Kiera is on maternity leave. I was talking about waiting and just having her with one person, but Maria does like her and does small dogs as well, she is there when Kiera is there and I don't think she is one of the ones who left burns on her face, so we will see.

I have chili on simmering and laundry going, I am going to knit a bit then empty the dishwasher so I can put in the stuff I have been using to cook the chili with.

It has gotten a bit warmer out, I am going to open some windows and let some fresh air in.

Has anyone ever told you you were not mentally right because you spoke out? Well if you have a family that is putting more energy into hiding things that healing you have and maybe you have anyway.
Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
I have looked at some relationships that way, including my relationship with my mother.
The evil and unpredictable behavior that she exhibited toward people through the years, at some point, all the forgiving, for those years. comes down to the definition of insanity and you have to forgive and walk away for good. She is being taken care of and after all she proved she did not owe me, including love and caring (Saying and showing love and care are not the same thing) just making sure that she is cared for is all I feel obligated to do. Some think that is a horrible way to be and it is not forgiving, and they could be right, but at this point in my life it is the healthy thing for me. This is a bit raw and revealing for me to put on the blog, maybe too much information and such. I am looking at is as part of a healing process.

The smell of chili is starting to permeate the house, mmmmmmmm, smells good.
I finished one of my campanula socks this morning and am working on the second one, which was already at the ankle, these are toe up socks so I have the leg and cuff to do.

I have not used videos, but thought I would see about using them in my blog, I am not completely tech savvy but I am going to investigate. I was a blog this morning and the guy does all of his posts by video, which I don't think I will do, but would like to have the opportunity, like when something cute happens. It looks like he does the videos through a you tube account, I think I might try to upload from my hard drive.
I don't know if you would be interested in a look, he is very open and kind of funny, I just found him today through ravelry but he is on (queerknits.blogspot.com) and he is a really good knitter.

Have to go tend to chili and try some.

Happy Stitches!


No comments: