Monday, September 1, 2008

Oh what a difference a shade makes and the lighter side of life

First of all, my brother in law evidently does not have cancer, thank God. I have to say emphysema is bad enough. He went home to recuperate and get more rest. More prayers and good wishes for my sister and him.

Ah, what a difference a shade makes, or in this case a lighter color of curtain. My kitchen is small and regardless of the light colored wall paper has always seemed so dark (the Green curtains did not help). Light Yellow cafe sheers and valances has made a world of difference, I almost feel happier when I go in there and like I have a new kitchen. Perhaps the brighter kitchen will inspire me to bake more this winter.
I will try to get better pictures, the ones I took did not turn out.


My beautiful Pink ribbon socks. This is a pattern by Laura Spradlin and you can find this pattern for sale on ravelry, or you may contact her on her web site, sugar bunny boulevard.

This pattern may look a bit complicated, but really goes quite quickly, most people have reported making their socks in a week or two. Before you know it you are done with the leg and working the heel then quick as a bunny you find yourself done with the foot and working the toe. I was fortunate to have gotten a kit and the Katherine yarn is so soft and lovely with a bit of loft to it.

I completed a Calorimetry head warmer, using up the leftover ella rae yarn from the slippers I made for my niece Brianna. It is brightly colored but a bit plain; it's one of my goal projects. I am going through my leftover yarn from projects and trying to use it up, or give it away, too much stuff and I need to always be mind full of how these leftovers can turn in to a mountain.
This was completed in one day, great pattern, easy project, just takes a few hours.


Now I just to keep working through my works in progress, see what else I can finish. Occasionally I consider not sleeping and just knitting through the night to get stuff done, but it sounds a bit obsessive or something.

Saturday was the fourth one of the month, and normally a gathering day at one of the knit night ladies house, she has two dogs, a toy poodle and a Golden. Sadie loves to go there and visit with everyone. It was a fun outing for both Sadie and myself, a few of us may get together and have our own little yarn spinning study group, that should be fun.

Today we had a tree root problem in our pipes, thankfully a sewer service was available and took care of our problem. We used Alto sewer service, their shop was right behind a duplex we used to rent in Minneapolis and we were familiar with the gentleman in his 50s who came out; he did a great job.

I have sock club next Saturday, I have not started the socks from the last two or three months, I only bought for two of those months. I am not sure I will buy yarn this time, I want to finish what I have, and eventually make a funky pair of socks from all the left over sock yarn I have and I am starting to get a collection of that.

Knitting and spinning are such meditative refuges, I am gald I am able to do these activities and have them as a hobby.

Happy Stitches

No comments: