Thursday, September 4, 2008

World, Life and Moving Forward

The world as we each, and perhaps collectively know it, ends, changes, moves forward in many ways. There are endings, beginnings, world conflicts, family conflicts, but life goes on and we bound around in the ocean in which we live. I don't put up with junk if I see it, even if the truth is denied.
That being said I have to say that time does heal and we can only move forward, and sometimes people don't go with us. What was it, a line from a song, "nobody's right, if everybody's wrong".

Life is moving on, this week one of my paternal aunts has passed away, and I found out a second cousin will be married at the end of the month. More of life moving on and choices to make in direction, as well as share with those around.

The chill in the air is cooler today than it was yesterday, a sign that fall is really here, but it will warm up again before the leaves turn.

Projects :)

I am finishing the paperwork and getting a picture together to send with my sock contest socks. I am so proud of them and really hope to get in the book.

My campanula socks have been back on the front burner to work on. They are toe up and I had worked them both to the ankle, then focused on one before they were left to nap for a bit. Last night I worked one to the cuff and as soon as that one is done it is on to the second one, yeah!

I have sock yarn balled up for socks like crazy and sock club again this Saturday. It will be a fun day, new pattern, yarn to see. Ok, fun for a knitter or crocheter, we tend to be tactile people and love to touch yarn.

I am not casting on new projects, just trying to work through the ones I have going. I would really like to get one of the shawls I have on needles completed, so I can wear it. It is chilly enough to wear one now, I woke up cold and had to pull the covers on, that's a change from the past few weeks.

Oh, I can not wait until we do not have to watch political ads! I am so tired of them, I'm not the only one tired of them, I hear people moaning about it from time to time. On a brighter note, the fall TV line up is starting and we can watch "Ugly Betty" again at craft night.

Need to move forward with a few stitches, go for a walk and get busy.

Happy stitches

No comments: